Superfit Hero Sponsorship & Body Positive Fitness Finder Partnership Guidelines
August 29, 2019
Group Fitness Class at Curvy Love Fit Hub in Tustin, CA
What does it take to be part of the Superfit Hero Body Positive Fitness Finder and Sponsorship Program?
Trainers & studios that we partner with:
- Have ditched diet culture to pursue body positivity, fat positivity, weight and body neutrality, body and fat acceptance
- Have Body & Fat Positive/Neutral/Accepting/Inclusive philosophies and frameworks instilled into their fitness services and practices
- Are committed to inclusivity and seek to promote diversity in fitness by featuring diverse bodies on their media platforms
- Offer a joyful approach to movement for clients of all shapes/sizes
- Are committed to body acceptance regardless of size, age, ability, race, religion, ethnicity, sexuality, gender identity, or gender expression
- Motivate clients with compassion and positivity, never shame or punishment
- Prioritize performance goals over weight loss when tracking success for clients
- Understand that clients may come to them seeking weight loss and do their best to shift client focus to non-aesthetic goals, if possible
- Understand that clients coming to them through the Body Positive Fitness Finder may come from a background of disordered eating and/or exercise addiction, are sensitive to this, and are committed to providing a safe fitness space for such clients
- Do not subject clients to weigh-ins, BMI scales, or any other arbitrary form of body measurement
- Do not use metaphors and class descriptors that suggest exercise is a way to control or destroy our bodies (ex: burning calories, incinerate fat, shred your abs, booty-sculpting)
- Do not use hashtags or post content/images that promote dieting, supplements, weight loss, or before/after photos (ex: #weightloss #transformationtuesday #getyourbodyback #countcalories #fatloss #slimdown #cleaneating)
We ask that you have a strong web presence* before applying, this includes:
- A website and at least one established social media channel dedicated to your fitness services
- If you do not have a website, at least two established social media channels dedicated to your fitness services may be sufficient, depending upon content (not personal pages/profiles)
*The Body Positive Fitness Finder is an online directory (searchable by activity and location) of body positive fitness professionals that the public can use for free to find trainers, classes and studios near them. The goal of the Finder is to allow potential clients to connect with you through your website & social media. This allows them to determine if you’re a good fit for them prior to getting in touch.
Questions? Contact us.
Also in Superfit Hero Blog
May 03, 2022
May 03, 2022
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for us and helped us snag the third place prize in the Barclay's Small Biz Big Wins contest.
April 11, 2022