Superfit Hero Sponsors "DO DIFFERENT: Expanding Movement Options"
January 31, 2020
Superfit Hero is proud to sponsor DO DIFFERENT: Expanding Movement Options, accessibility & possibility training for movement educators.
Presented by Amber Karnes and Dawn Ross, this event is a one-of-a-kind training for movement educators (yoga, pilates, dance, group fitness) to create movement options from a place of more possibility and accessibility. Together, you'll explore how you can “do different” within your fitness practice so clients and students can listen to their bodies and be empowered to choose what they need each moment.
This training is for all kinds of fitness teachers and trainers who want to learn how to create movement experiences that help their students discern good, better and best for themselves.
Together you’ll learn:
- to teach collaboratively and co-create movement options with students,
- how community-building tools can enhance 1:1 relationship & vice versa,
- the power of language to create spaces that feel safe & inclusive to students,
- redistributing power to help students find a greater sense of safety, agency & compliance,
- practical tools for talking clients through the journey of learning to listen to their bodies, discomfort, therapeutics, & the need for a “cure”,
- and so much more!
Dates: April 3 – 5, 2020
Schedule: 10am – 4pm (3 Days)
Location: Evolved Movement Arts 4005 – 9th Street SE Calgary, AB, Canada
Continuing Education: 15 CECs
A limited number of scholarships are available to community members facing financial limitations. To apply for a scholarship, click the link below. They aim to prioritize scholarships for marginalized applicants (BIPOC, LGBTQ+, disabilities, etc), will be given priority consideration. As such, we ask that you share your various identities.
Also in Superfit Hero Blog
September 20, 2022
Superfit Hero is a finalist in the Kapitus Building Resilient Businesses Grant Contest! Please vote for us to win the $100,000 grand prize.
September 15, 2022
September 12, 2022