Sustainability and Ethics
- the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level.
- avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.
SMALL IS SUSTAINABLE
Sustainability is one of our decade's trendiest buzzwords. Like all buzzwords, it's lost its meaning over time, and has left people more confused than ever about the actual impact of the products they buy. Sustainability in fashion isn't just about using recycled fabrics, it must also include considerations of social equity and economic resilience for this and future generations.
Here are a few ways that our small, slow fashion brand is making a positive impact on the bigger picture and in our immediate communities.
- Did you know we're a 4 person company? When we say we're a small business, we mean it.
- We avoid mass production and overproduction by making new garments in small batches, often buying leftover fabric or "deadstock" from the big fashion houses. We make exactly what we need and no more.
- We take our time to consciously design and produce high quality garments that last, so they don't end up in the landfill after just a few wears.
- We manufacture locally right here in Southern California. This allows us to ensure our factory partners provide appropriate working conditions and are committed to paying living wages to the people who sew your garments, people who are also our neighbors and members of our local community.
- We pay our employees competitive wages with flexible schedules that fit into their lives and keep them happy. Our full-time employees enjoy unlimited paid vacations and mental health days.
- We are thoughtful about where our money goes and who we work with. The vast majority of our vendors are minority and women-owned.
- Our shipping mailers are 100% recycled, reusable and recyclable.
- As we grow, we are exploring more eco-friendly fabrics, and processes, and ways to collaborate with our community to limit our collective environmental impact.
Being small is exactly what allows us to stay focused on our mission, ethics, and customer service unmatched by any of our larger competitors. Supporting small business is the most sustainable choice you can make as a consumer. We are forever grateful for every purchase!